Week 2 Discussion Collapse Overall rating of the message is 0. Overall Rating:
Virtual private networks, or VPNs, offer a secure mechanism for accessing a network. Often they are a convenience to access an organization’s infrastructure. VPNs also need to be considered in an organization’s business continuity plan. As an example, many organizations had not planned for the COVID-19 pandemic. Many had to convert their operations to a work-from-home structure, and infrastructures may not have been set up to handle the traffic.
Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate and integrate at least two quality, academic resources (in addition to your textbook) on mitigating the security risks associated with VPNs. You may also use government websites, such as Cybersecurity from the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Please respond to the following in a post of at least 200 words:
- Explain some of the security risks associated with VPNs.
- Describe how organizations can mitigate these risks.
- Determine the effect of penetration testing and any applicable laws on VPNs.
- Provide full citations and references, formatted according to Strayer Writing Standards.
- For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
In 60 to 75 words, please respond to at least one other post. Choose to respond to those who have few or no responses.