Using your course materials and the internet, research a speech that you feel is particularly effective, then analyze each speaker’s style and language strategies.
- Who was the speaker, and what was that speaker’s main topic?
- What CORE style(s) does the speaker use in his or her speech? Cite the choice of word phrases and other clues from the speech to justify your answer.
- What you believe is the speech’s specific purpose?
- What strategies did the speaker use to achieve the specific purpose of the speech?
- Do you believe the speaker was successful in achieving the specific purpose of the speech?
- How does style and word choice in this speech impact the effectiveness of the message?
- How can you incorporate some of these techniques into your own speeches?