1. A foundation in the principles of ethics is essential to successful practice in any healthcare setting.” Using the principles described in Chapter Two, give examples of four reasons why this statement is true.
One full paragraph with 2 references one coming from the book. lets work together to get it don faster please.
Expert Solution Preview
Ethics plays a crucial role in healthcare practice. The principles of ethics help healthcare professionals make ethical decisions in complex situations. In this answer, we will discuss four reasons why a foundation in the principles of ethics is essential for successful practice in any healthcare setting.
A foundation in the principles of ethics is essential for successful practice in any healthcare setting for the following four reasons:
1. Promotes patient-centered care: The ethical principles of beneficence, non-maleficence, autonomy, and justice ensure that healthcare professionals prioritize patient well-being, minimize harm, respect patient autonomy, and provide fair treatment. By following these principles, healthcare professionals provide patient-centered care that promotes patient satisfaction and trust in the healthcare system.
2. Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements: Healthcare professionals must comply with legal and regulatory requirements related to patient care. By understanding the principles of ethics, healthcare professionals can ensure that their actions align with legal and regulatory requirements and avoid potential legal and ethical issues.
3. Supports interdisciplinary collaboration: Healthcare professionals work in teams to provide comprehensive care to patients. By having a shared understanding of ethical principles, healthcare professionals can collaborate effectively to provide safe, efficient, and ethical patient care.
4. Enhances professional development: An understanding of ethical principles enhances healthcare professionals’ professional development by improving critical thinking skills, ethical decision-making, and communication skills.
In conclusion, a foundation in the principles of ethics is essential to successful practice in any healthcare setting. By understanding and applying these principles, healthcare professionals can promote patient-centered care, ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, support interdisciplinary collaboration, and enhance their professional development.
Beauchamp, T. L., & Childress, J. F. (2019). Principles of biomedical ethics. Oxford university press.
American Medical Association. (2016). Code of medical ethics. Retrieved from https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/ethics/code-medical-ethics