initiating a post and replying to at last 3 of your colleagues.
- What did you learn, either from reading or classroom discussions that you applied on the internship?
- Which courses/subjects you feel could be expanded or added that would have helped you perform the internship better?
- How does this internship experience change your views?
wishing you all the best
Expert Solution Preview
As a Harvard University Professor, my role involves designing and conducting lectures, evaluating student performance, and providing feedback through examinations and assignments. I take pride in ensuring that my students are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in their academic pursuits. In this context, I will answer the following questions.
1. What did you learn, either from reading or classroom discussions that you applied on the internship?
During my academic experience, I came across several theories and concepts that I learned through interactions with my peers and reading course materials. However, one of the most significant factors that I applied during my internship was teamwork. In my classes, we frequently engaged in team projects, which helped us in understanding the value of collaboration, effective communication, and individual strengths. I applied these insights during my internship, where I worked alongside other interns, and we identified each other’s capabilities and collaborated to achieve shared goals.
2. Which courses/subjects do you feel could be expanded or added that would have helped you perform the internship better?
From a personal perspective, the ability to network effectively and project management are two areas that I feel would have helped me perform better during my internship. These are essential skills that are critical in any profession, and I believe that they should be incorporated into more courses across all fields of study. Additionally, courses that offer practical insights on how to navigate complex organizational systems and how to deal with conflict resolution are necessary.
3. How does this internship experience change your views?
My internship experience allowed me to gain first-hand experience in a new profession. I was exposed to the intricacies of the workplace and observed how different departments collaborate to achieve a common goal. One critical takeaway was the realization that individual performance is crucial in contributing to the success and growth of any organization. The significance of collaboration and effective communication cannot be overstated, and this experience has changed my views on the importance of teamwork in achieving shared objectives as well.