You are working for a physician who asks you to link a series of the SNOMED CT concept codes to ICD codes. Using the I-MAGIC mapping tool, complete the table to map the codes.
In a 2-page report:
- Assess the use of SNOMED-CT codes.
- Explain the use of SNOMED-CT and its benefits.
- Describe the importance of mapping to ICD-10-CM.
- Compare the similarities and differences of terminologies and classifications, including SNOMED and ICD-10-CM.
- Explain the relationships to database management, data dictionaries, and data governance.
(enter this term to search)
ICD-10-CM Code Name
Postoperative abdominal pain
H/O: diabetes mellitus
(history of diabetes)
Submit your map and report.
Resources & Tips
- Mapping from a Clinical Terminology to a classification
- Clinical Terminology and Clinical Classification Systems: A Critique Using AHIMA’s Data Quality Management Model
- SNOMED CT to ICD-10-CM Map
- Mapping Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine–Clinical Terms (SNOMED CT) to International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM): Lessons Learned from Applying the National Library of Medicine’s Mapping
- Overview of SNOMED CT