All Excel output should be copied into a single Word document where you must enter all of your responses to the questions below. Format the document professionally so it flows well. Include a table of contents.
* Choose any published database from the internet (such as those from the Census Bureau or any financial sites).
* If the file is large, randomly choose 200 of the observations from the data.
* Explain each variable in the file that you are analyzing. Be sure your file includes at least 3 scale variables and at least 2 nominal variables.
* Conduct a descriptive analysis on any 2 interval / ratio variables you wish using Descriptive_Statistics.xls and Frequency_Distribution.xls. Explain the output.
* Conduct 3 different hypothesis tests of your choice using appropriate variables from the file (note: you must use 3 different tests and not run one test on 3 different variables). In each case, state the variables being tested as well as the hypothesis, decision and conclusion. Use 3 of the following (1-Sample Test for Means, 1-Sample Test for Proportions, 2-Sample Test for Means – Independent Samples, 2-Sample Test for Means – Paired Samples, 2-Sample Test for Proportions, Analysis of Variance, Chi Square Goodness of Fit Test, Chi Square Test of Independence, Correlation Test).
* Develop a model to predict an interval / ratio variable using at least 2 other variables. Use Multiple_Regression.xls and state the regression model and which variables are or are not significant. Also, use the model to make a prediction by making up values for each of the independent variables.
* Write a one to two page summary of your findings. Include the data file in the appendix.