- A Survey of 30 people to find out if they are left-handed or right-handed, and use the following chart to create a contingency table with the information.
Left handed= 6
Right handed = 24
Total Female lefty =4 righty=16
Male lefty Total= 2 righty=8
- Answer the following questions about the information in your contingency table:
- If a person is randomly selected from the survey participants, what is the probability that the person will be left-handed?
- If you randomly choose a female from the people you surveyed, what is the probability that she is left-handed?
- What is the odds ratio of choosing a left-handed female?
- What is the relative risk of choosing a left-handed female?
- Skim through at least one of the following articles on left-handed vs. right-handed people from the Chamberlain Library. Answer the following question: How do the probabilities and percentages for your study compare to those in the study you read?